Membership Criteria: Membership in the North Dakota Council of Educational Leaders is required to be a member of NDASSP.
· Active membership is open to any person who is a certified administrator and acts in an executive capacity in any secondary school.
· Associate membership is open to any person who is a member of secondary education or an educational administration department of any institution of of Public Instruction, upon payment of annual, unified dues. Associate members shall enjoy all the privileges of active membership except voting and holding office.
· Retired membership is open to any active member who has retired and who has been a member of the association for a minimum of ten years, upon payment of annual dues as determined by the Board of Directors.
· Honorary membership may be granted to anyone outside the association by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors, but such honorary members shall not have the right to vote or hold office.
· Life memberships may be granted to individuals who have distinguished themselves as secondary school principals. The candidate shall have been retired for at least two years, shall have been an active member of NDASSP for at least 10 years, and shall have made significant contributions as a member of the association, the Board of Directors, or in some official capacity within the NDASSP.