Academic All State Team - Principals GuideSponsored by the ND Association of Secondary School Principals
The purpose is to recognize, especially in the media, students who have excelled in academics.
Please gather all materials listed below before clicking the link and filling out the Principal electronic form! Deadline: January 31, 2020. The high school principal submitting the application must be a member of NDASSP.
1. Select the student(s) you are going to nominate based on the criteria.
a. The high school principal must be a member of NDASSP
b. Each School will be allowed one nominee for every 50 seniors based on the following scale:
c. Senior Class Enrollment Nominees Allowed
After the allotted number of nominees has been reached, the principal may choose to nominate additional students that have earned a minimum of 30 on the ACT composite
2. Give them the student form to fill out and gather signatures.
3. Gather the following information about each nominee
a. Student’s home address
b. 7 semester GPA on a 4-point scale
c. ACT or SAT score (ACT Super Score will not be accepted)
d. Scanned copy of the finished student form with signatures
e. Electronic copy of student transcript
4. Go to https://www.ndcel.org/domain/65 and fill out the Academic All-State Form, by January 31, 2020. You cannot fill out the form until the student returns their form.
a. You will fill out this form multiple times, once for each student
5. Email a picture of student to email@example.com
6. Applications will be reviewed, and selections will be made by the Contest Committee:
a. The top 10 based on the highest point totals to receive Gold Medals and be the First All-State Team.
b. The second 10 based on the second highest point totals to receive Silver Medals and be the Second All-State Team.
c. The third 10 based on the third highest point totals to receive Bronze Medals and be the Third All-State Team.
d. The size of teams may fluctuate. The committee reserves the right to do this based on information on the application and tie scores of total points.
e. All school winners not selected in the top three (3) will be listed as All-State Honorable Mention.
7. By late February, principals will receive a sample news release that can be sent to local media for publication the first week of March.
8. Class A Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners will be recognized at the State Class A Boys’/Girls’ Basketball Tournament and Class B Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners at the Class B Basketball Tournament.
9. Upon selection, recipients of the of Gold, Silver and Bronze awards are asked to submit a photo (jpeg) via email to the NDASSP Office. firstname.lastname@example.org
Principals: follow the criteria listed on the application, obtain all required signatures, and meet deadlines. Any application not properly completed or received after January 31st will not be considered.
Contests & Awards Committee Chair
Stephanie Hochhalter, Principal
Langdon Area High School
125 Slate Drive, Suite 7
Bismarck, ND 58503
Download this form to complete: 2020 Academic All-State Student Form