The following Core Beliefs are manifested in our policies and practices:
About leaders . . .
- Quality leadership is the key to quality schools.
- Quality educational leaders . . .
- are principled, moral, ethical, and caring
- are visionary
- build trust and are trustworthy
- are competent
- are life-long learners
- inspire followers
- are positive role models
- are catalysts for change
- are people developers
- make informed decisions
- are effective communicators and teachers
- are able to build and maintain teams
- accept accountability for achievement
- value diversity
- deal successfully with ambiguity
About developing people . . .
- Everyone has talent which can be developed.
- All people learn but not necessarily in the same way or at the same rate.
- Managerial/leadership strengths and weaknesses can be identified.
- The most effective way of developing people is to help them build on their strengths and better manage their weaknesses.
- Growth and development is most effective in an environment that is . . .
- safe and invites experimentation and risk taking
- free from distractions
- interesting and enjoyable
- Everyone is deserving of dignity and respect.
About the ND LEAD Center . . .
- LEAD can make a positive difference in helping to improve education in North Dakota.
- LEAD's behavior must model its beliefs.