Crucial Accountability Training teaches a straightforward step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency and reducing resentment.
Confrontations are about in-the-moment face-to-face accountability. Crucial conversations comprise the very foundations of accountability, and when they are handled poorly, they result in failed promises, missed expectations, lack of accountability, and bad behavior. Put Crucial Confrontations Training to work and make rapid and substantial improvements in individual, team, and organizational results.
Crucial Accountability Training directly addresses gaps between expectations and performance with a model that ensures individual, team, and organizational effectiveness. Learn to hold people accountable, master face-to-face performance discussions, motivate without using power, enable without taking over, and move to action. Crucial Accountability Training will improve results and enhance relationships.
COURSE FORMAT: (Two Days)
Day 1Lesson One: Get Unstuck
• Identify the gaps that are keeping you stuck
• Select the right accountability conversation to holdBreak
Lesson two: Start with Heart
• Understand how motives, change when accountability conversations turn crucial.
• Stay focused on what you really want and maintain dialogue.
Lesson Three: Master My Stories
• Respectfully address the gap even when you’re angry, scared, or hurt.
• Discover your stories—how do you justify your behavior?
• Eliminate Victim, Villain, and Helpless Stories, and improve your emotions.
Lesson Three: Master My Stories Cont.
Lesson Four: Describe the Gap
• Share what was expected vs. what was observed.
• Ask helpful questions that invite the other person to share his or her perspective.
Lesson five: Make it Safe
• Talk to almost anyone about almost anything
• Address defensiveness by creating safety
Reflections on the Day
Lesson six: Diagnose
• Review the skills we learned on day 1
• Understand what’s causing the gap: is it motivation, ability, or both?
• Use the Six Sources of Influence to see what’s driving the gap.
Lesson seven: Make It Easy
• Understand and communicate constraints as you begin.
• Don’t lead with your ideas, ask others for their ideas
• Help the other person brainstorm ways to overcome ability barriers.
• Consider personal, social, and structural solutions that could improve ability
Lesson Eight: Make It Motivating
• Motivate others by identifying natural consequences and make invisible consequences more visible
• Explore all three sources of motivation: personal, social, and structural.
Lesson Nine: Move to Action
• Turn solutions into actions
• Close the gap permanently
Final Reflection and Action PlanSCHEDULE:
8:00 am – 4:00 pm Day 1
8:00 am – 3:30 pm Day 2
SITE & DATES:Bismarck - Hughes Education Center - June 19-20, 2017
Registration Deadline is June 5, 2017COSTS:
$450 Registration Fee
$50 Optional Graduate Credit Fee
SUBSTITUTION POLICY: Substitutions may be made up to one week prior to the seminar by calling the ND LEAD Center (701-258-3022).
CANCELLATION POLICY: To receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, all cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to seminar. You will be charged the full registration fee if you cancel after that time or if you register and don’t attend the seminar.
If you need lodging, please call the ND LEAD Center (701-258-3022) and we will give you names of hotels in the area.
Participants may earn one semester hour of graduate credit by completing one of the courses.
REGISTRATION POLICY: Registration is limited and accepted on a first-come basis. The registration fee includes training, resource materials, one meal per day, and refreshments.
Register for Graduate Credit at the Workshop for One (1) Semester Hour.