Effective Communication Skills/Crucial Confrontations
The role of school leaders during this new era of accountability is critical. When school leaders are faced with a gap between performance and expectations, three styles of response have been observed. Those who fail to respond and ignore the gap. This “keep-the-peace principal,” often results in lost of faith of the faculty by avoiding conflict. The resulting culture of distrust has a negative effect on his school’s effectiveness. A second response is an overzealous reformer who alienates the faculty and is often engaged in power struggles. The third response is one of high-support, high-challenge, where the trust of the faculty is earned and staffs work at the highest level.
The workshop teaches a straightforward step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency and reducing resentment. Learn to hold people accountable, master face-to-face performance discussions, motivate without using power, enable without taking over, and move to action. The training will improve results and enhance relationships.
FORMAT: Two days
1. Hold anyone accountable—no matter the person’s power, position, or temperament.
2. Master performance discussions—get positive results and maintain good relations along the way. Stay focused on the real issues and avoid getting distracted.
3. Motivate without using power—clearly and concisely explain specific, natural consequences and permanently resolve problems.
4. Enable without taking over—creatively help others avoid excuses, stay on track, and resolve performance barriers. Learn to avoid roadblocks to performance.
5. Move to action—agree on a plan, follow up and engage in good reporting practices, and manage new expectations.
Introduction (Background on what crucial confrontations are and their effect)
Lesson One: Choose What and If
Lesson Two: Master My Stories
Lesson Three: Describe the Gap
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each day
SITES & DATES:
Mandan - Seven Seas Inn - 2611 Old Red Trail - 701-663-7401 - October 20-21, 2014
Registration Deadline for Effective Communications is October 6, 2014
$300 Registration Fee
$50 Optional Graduate Credit Fee
SUBSTITUTION POLICY: Substitutions may be made up to one week prior to the seminar by calling the ND LEAD Center (701-258-3022).
CANCELLATION POLICY: To receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, all cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to seminar. You will be charged the full registration fee if you cancel after that time or if you register and don’t attend the seminar.
If you need lodging, a block of rooms is reserved under ND LEAD at each hotel site. Please make your own room reservation. The hotel releases rooms three weeks prior to the event.
Participants may earn one semester hour of graduate credit by completing one of the courses.
REGISTRATION POLICY: Registration is limited and accepted on a first-come basis. The registration fee includes training, resource materials, one meal per day, and refreshments.
Register for Graduate Credit at the Workshop for One (1) Semester Hour Program