Learn how to use iPads to collect data and provide quick feedback to individual staff members.
The purpose of this workshop is to provide participants with skills to utilize the latest technology in providing effective feedback to teachers in the supervisory process.Participants will review formative versus summative data, three of the most effective methods of observing teachers, iPad generated self created templates, and a data collection software eCove.
1.Participant will explore the basic uses of mobile electron devices for administrative purposes.
2.Participants will compare and contrast the difference between summative and formative supervision practices.
3.Participants will identify and explain the uses, advantages and disadvantages of three different observation approaches:rounds, walk-throughs, and full observations.
4.Participants will explore the use of iPads/iPhones in creating a word templates for sharing observation data and reports.
5.Participants will explore and practice the use of eCove, an observation software that will allow participants to collect data by frequency of time or incident, write comments or collect comments, tally results, and produce reports by teacher or by full staff.
1. Review the differences between formative and summative supervision practices.
2. Review three observation practices and the advantages and dissadvante of each.The three practices are rounds, walk-throughs, and full observations.
3. Practice using pages on the iPad to great or utilize templates created for the supervision process.
4. Explore the use of eCove as an observation software practicing collecting data on frequency and trend data.
5. Practice using eCove software to collect data, determine inter-rater reliability, and generating reports. (eCove has a 30 day trial registration. The cost of the program is $299 for a lifetime license for one computer and ipad. Participants will use eCove as an example of a software for collecting data. Purchasing the software is optional.)
PLEASE NOTE: You have to take iPad Introduction before taking iPad Teacher Observation Tools to receive one (1) semester hour of graduate credit, but if you take iPad Introduction, iPad Productivity Tools, and iPad Teacher Observation Tools, you CANNOT get 2 semester hours of graduate credit. (Register on-line for one (1) semester hour-$50)
SCHEDULE: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
SITE & DATES: iPad Teacher Observation Tools Mandan - Seven Seas Inn - 2611 Old Red Trail - 701-663-7401 - September 13, 2012 Fargo - Doublewood Inn - 3333 13th Avenue South - 701-235-3333 - November 8, 2012
Registration Deadlines: Registration deadline for iPad Teacher Observation Tools in Mandan is September 7, 2012 Registration deadline for iPad Teacher Observation Tools in Fargo is October 24, 2012
LODGING: If you need lodging, a block of rooms is reserved under ND LEAD at each hotel site. Please make your own room reservation. The hotel releases rooms three weeks prior to the event.
COSTS: $150 Registration
REGISTRATION POLICY: Registration is limited and accepted on a first-come basis. The registration fee includes training, resource materials, one meal per day, and refreshments.
SUBSTITUTION POLICY: Substitutions for participants may be made up to one week prior to the seminar by calling the ND LEAD Center (701-258-3022).
CANCELLATION POLICY: To receive a refund, less a $25 processing fee (per day), all cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to seminar. You will be charged the full registration fee if you cancel after that time or if you register and don’t attend the seminar.
REGISTER - For Workshop in September and November, 2012 (Mandan & Fargo)
Register for Graduate Credit At the Workshop or one day after for One (1) Semester Hour.