1. At the end of the day, participants will understand the different sources of data that are available from the state of ND: STARS Assessment Results, Profile, or Individual Combined state status.
2. Participants will have learned how to use a PivotTable to work with data.
3. Participants will have created examples of charts with important information related to their school/district.
4. Participants will have identified some standards and benchmarks where students are performing below 70% percent.
5. Participants will have the knowledge and skills to continue to work with the state assessment data independently.
The AYP reports and state assessment data has never been more important than it is today and schools need to be able to analyze the state assessment data by subgroup, gender, and grade level to improve student performance and respond to the public. PivotTables provide a means to analyze data from the whole district perspective, as well as drilling down to the school, grade, teacher and student levels. Learning to use spreadsheets to analyze data is difficult without a hands-on learning experience, and this workshop is designed to have participants working on their computers with their data.
The workshop is designed to have teams work with data before the summer, so results are available over the summer and for the fall school improvement plans.
The workshop is designed as a drive-in workshop, sponsored around the state so participants should not have to stay overnight.
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
• Set up computers (Each person should have a laptop with data from LEAD on it)
• Introductions and housekeeping
• Introduction to the Data Team Concept
• Introduction to Analyzing data: A-B-C-D data
• A framework for analyzing data: What, So What, Now What
• Comparison of data to Self, Others, and Standards
• STARS Pivot Table
- Demographic Data
- Achievement Data
- Scale Scores
• Trend Data (The state will be listing 2 or 3 years of scale scores for each student)
• Scale Score Comparison (The state will be listing a percentile for each year, as well as growth score percentile by proficiency level.)
• DPI Ranking Data on the DPI website
• DPI Individual School Data on the DPI website
• DPI Profile for schools on the DPI website
SITES & DATES:
Mandan - - TBD
Registration Deadlines: TBD
If you need lodging, a block of rooms is reserved under ND LEAD at each hotel site. Please make your own room reservation. The hotel releases rooms three weeks prior to the event.
$125 Registration Fee
$500 STARS Template Per School District
Each school district will have their State Assessment Results converted to the ND LEAD PivotTable template. Results can be broken down by district, school, grade level. Schools are encouraged to send school leaders and a team of educators who will be working on the data.
REGISTRATION POLICY: Registration is limited and accepted on a first-come basis. The registration fee includes training, resource materials, one meal per day, and refreshments.
SUBSTITUTION POLICY: Substitutions may be made up to one week prior to the seminar by calling the ND LEAD Center (701-258-3022 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 701-258-3022 end_of_the_skype_highlighting).
CANCELLATION POLICY: To receive a refund, less a $20 processing fee, all cancellations must be made at least two weeks prior to seminar. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after the registration deadline. You will be charged the full registration fee if you cancel after the registration deadline or if you register and don’t attend the seminar.