The Aspiring School Leaders Conference is a one-day event intended to generate excitement as well as present a realistic portrayal of the joys and trials of school leadership.
Characteristics of Quality Schools and Effective School Leaders
What It's Like to be a Principal
• Panel Sessions by Experienced School Leaders
• In-Basket Activity - Realistic Simulation
• Human Relations
Preparing for School Leadership
• Principal’s Credential Requirements
• Educational Leadership Degree Programs
Who Should Attend:
The Aspiring School Leaders Conference is appropriate for anyone interested in learning more about the many dimensions of school leadership. Elementary, middle, or secondary teachers interested in pursuing a career in educational leadership are encouraged to attend.
Why Take Part:
• Acquire information to help you decide if you want to pursue a career in school administration: You’ll better understand if school leadership is right for you and if you are right for school leadership.
• Learn more about what it's like to be a principal. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with several successful North Dakota administrators and experience real-life situations.
• Lean about credentialing requirements.
• Meet with representatives from NDSU, UND, and U-Mary educational leadership graduate programs.
9:30 am to 4:30 p.m.
SITE & DATE:
Bismarck - TBD
If you need lodging, a block of rooms is reserved under ND LEAD at the hotel. Please make your own room reservation. The hotel releases rooms three weeks prior to the event.
$50 Registration Fee